Monday, September 3, 2012

Su Beng to be honored by the Taipei City Tsai Jui-Yueh Dance Foundation (9/21/12-9/23/12)

When I was asked to contribute a piece about Su Beng for the Taipei City Tsai Jui-Yueh Dance Foundation's event,  I immediately knew what I was going to write about. I wanted to offer a different perspective on Su Beng. Most know him as a revolutionary, activist, and historian. 

My essay is entitled: Su Beng, A Renaissance Man, and it will be shared on September 22nd. On that day, articles written by 葉治平 (Yeh Zhi Ping), and 黃界清 (Huang Jie Ching) will also be presented. A dance performance based on the life story of Su Beng will follow.

I'll share my essay here on this blog after September 22, and I hope you'll see why it's fitting for the occasion. 

On the first of three days, September 21, there will be a discussion between Su Beng (史明), his assistant Bin Hong (敏紅) and writer Lee Ming Yong (李敏勇).




Here's a poster with further details of the events planned by the Taipei City Tsai Jui-Yueh Dance Foundation from September 21-23, 2012:


No comments: